Vagator Beach – Goa
Vagator beach is 24 kms away from the capital called the Panaji. It is likely to be the most famous beach. If you are searching for a silent, calm place with your family and friends then this beach is the best option. You can watch the complete Arabian Sea from this place. As soon as you arrive a sip of the Bebinca the local coconut drink will let you unmoved from this place.
Thick palm groves all around, dramatic red cliffs, rocky outcrops on the beach, a 17thcentury Portuguese fort, and two fresh water springs nearby, make Vagator a truly spectacular beach. The setting is one of the prettiest in North Goa. It is a rocky and sandy beach, just like the entrance to the sea. The sandy strip is wider, broader and longer in the north. The sea bottom is deep, and the water is sometimes very rough. So you should be careful while swimming. There are however some naturally appearing placid bays in the southern part of the beach.
Other than the peaceful atmosphere, the beautiful scenery and things like snorkeling and fishing it has no other specific attractions. But you can find small beach stalls that provide you with local Goan dishes. The scenic view of the golden beach surrounded by the palm trees, fresh water springs lets you to play, and above all these numerous cottages found everywhere gives a spectacular view and makes accommodation also easy. Many famous beaches like the Calangute, Colva and the Baga surround the Vagator beach and you can easily enjoy the fun of all these beaches. You can visit the Chopra fort that is adjacent to this beach that is almost 500 years old. You can capture the view of emerald green waters if you move to the Lava rocks and cliffs that are located towards the southern side of the Ozran beach. Local handicrafts and the souvenirs can be purchased in the nearby markets.
People of Chopra village are happy with the rural dwelling and enjoy their life with what they have and this is what we require for the betterment of the country. Their occupation is fishing and you will find fresh catches at this place. Men with their wages are welcomed in a special way by their wife’s and children and this makes a happy family. The cottages of this place are still influenced by the Portuguese. The viceroy of Goa constructed the Chopra fort in 1717 and when you climb up the Chopra fort you get to see a spectacular view of the blue sea surrounded by the green mountains. This fort still holds the historical marks that were made during the Marathas invasion.
Coming up to the accommodation it is really a difficult task so you need to plan out well in advance to enjoy your vacation. For a better and luxury stay over you need to move to the Baga or Colva beach. You can find some cottages and guesthouses near by but most of them are unavailable. Except for this, Vagator beach is surely going to light you up with the best hang out.
Quick Facts About Vagator :
- Vagator is 22 kilometers from Panaji, 45.7 kilometers from the Dabolim International, and 10.4 kilometers from Mapusa.
- Beach shacks, restaurants, pubs, cafes, shops, car/bike rentals, ATMs, hotels, and villas – developed infrastructure for tourists.
- The old 17th century Portuguese Chapora Fort. Two viewpoints, offering awesome views from the top. There is a church inside.
- Vagator is a beautiful beach in North Goa, between Anjuna beach and the Chapora River.
- Flea market every Wednesday in peak season. The bigger Arpora flea market is on Saturdays. Arpora is just 6.4 kilometers from Vagator. The Anjuna flea market is also close.
How to Reach?
- By Air — The Dabolim international airport is 45.7 kms from Vagator. Taxis are available for rent at the airport counter. There are many flights from Air India, Indigo, Etihad, Air Arabia, Air Asia, Qatar Airways, and Jet Airways.
- By Rail — The Vasco da Gama railhead is 46.8 kms from Vagator.
- By Road — Panaji is 22 kms from Vagator.
Accommodations Around Vagator Beach
There are many options for lodging in Vagator, be it luxury resorts, hotels or guest houses, your need for perfect accommodation are extremely taken care of. So, if you are looking for staying nearby Vagator beach, you may choose the one from following popular resorts and hotels listed below:
- The Orange House
- La Gulls Court
- Alcove Resort Goa
- Cochichos Resort
- Jolly Jolly Lester
- Goan Clove
- Omega Beach Resort
- Ozran Heights Beach Resort
- Leoney Resort
- Casa Vagator