Unchalli Falls – Fabulous Attraction
This falls is among the majority dramatic charming waterfalls in Karnataka, India. This falls was once first discovered by Lushington in the year 1845 by the district collector of that place. The natural vegetation of this place is the highlight. Placed at a height of 116 meters the source for this cascade is river Aghanashini.
Location: The fall is exactly in Uttara Kannada in Karnataka. It is located on the way to Kutta and is 5km away from Heggarne, 35Km away from Siddapura, 39Kms from Bhagamandala.
- This place also has something religious about it. Once when lord Rama, Sita and Lakshmana were traveling through this path lord Ram felt.
- In the junction of Cauvery, Kanika and Sujyoti is where Bhagamandala is located at a distance of 39 Kms from the place. This place has a temple which is famous for Stupas of various Gods. This place also has a strong belief that a dip in this falls has the power to wither away all his sins. This is specially done during the period of Maha Shivarathri.
- You can also go for trekking in Heggarne village in the woods located at a distance of 5Km. The natural surroundings including flora and fauna, cool breeze along the river side, lofty mountain peaks and deep valleys just add charm to the whole environment.
- One can also go on for trekking which is around 5 km from this place. This place is very safe for trekking.
- As told earlier there is also a temple dedicated to Lord Rama. To trip this lay you need to depart your route later than Srimangala on the Kutta road.
Nearby Places to Visit if time permits:
- Nagarahole falls
- Abbey Falls
- Hebbe Falls
- Jog Falls
- Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dandeli Wildlife sanctuary
- Gudavi Bird Sanctuary
- Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kokkrebellur Forest.