Majorda Beach – Goa
Majorda Beach is one of the spectacular beaches of Goa; the soft white sands will never let you go off from that place and has been mystical since ages. This Beach is situated in the southern region of Bogmalo and is just 18 kms away from the Dabolim airport and rest of the distance is covered by the local transport. The beach is silent and a book with coconut water will be enough to spend your day. Lay down at the beach right from the dawn watching the sunrise till the sun’s paint to the sea of vibrant orange colour before setting down the horizon that is really a spectacular view specially found here. People say that Lord Rama was kidnapped and brought to Majorda. Later he had come to Cabo-De-Rama that lies at the end of the Majorda Beach to save his beloved Sita.
As every beach has got its own specialty even this beach holds the same and is famous for breads. People turn up to this beach for this, though they find more popular beaches next to it like the Calangute or the Colva. People of Majorda prepare the world’s finest homemade breads. The Jesuits had settled at this place and discovered the coconut milk called the toddy and when this is kneaded with the flour it gives a unique softness and flavor that makes it the best. Later on the natives got to know the ingredients and the unique process of preparing this tradition of bread making continued through generations. The locals and the tourists visit this place mainly to taste the bread and take back the best foodstuff to their place. This has given a tuff competition to rest of the brands. You can try out steaks along with the bread and this will get you a sumptuous lunch that will not be forgotten. The hotels and the restaurants nearby the beach will offer you with a comfortable accommodation at cheaper rates.
During winter you need to check out the Goa Christmas Carnival and you will never want to miss it. This is mainly programmed close to the beach and after hours of merriment found at this place the spectacular view of the sea gets you more excited. Swimming here is safe but for better results and in order to get rid of the undercurrents of the sea you need to carry the safety guards. This will remove all your tiredness; the buzz of the town life and you will come out fresh and re-energized like never before. This beach is an ideal destination for you and your family to experience the magic of nature.
Accommodations Around Majorda Beach
- Alla Diwa
- The Treehouse Blue
- Heritage Village Club
- Hotel Palm View Inn
- Jes Guest House
- Majorda Beach Resort
- Shangrila Beach Hotel
- Villa Cruz Guest House
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort & Spa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa
- Kenilworth Resort & Spa
- Leisure Vacations Goa by The Sal
Nightlife on Majorda Beach
Apart from luxury stay and daytime beach, Majorda is also famous due to its numerous late-night beach parties that are integral part of the Goa’s evening. If you wanna enjoy the flavor of Goan drinks and hang out till the wee hours, then you may visit some popular pubs and nightclubs which are famous due to its best services and will give you the real joy of night parties.
Best Time to Visit :
Goa’s weather stays pleasant all around the year. Hence, you can visit this state anytime you want. If you want to visit Goa or Majorda Beach for water sports activities, monsoon season is best avoided.
Quick Facts about Majorda :
- Majorda is a half kilometer long beach in South Goa, but has a more central location, as it is close to Vasco da Gama. It is a clean, serene, and wide beach, part of a long stretch of sand that extends from the Valsao beach in Vasco to Betul in the south. This is a clean, quiet, and wide beach with light creaking golden sand. The sea is safe for swimming. There are no high waves here. The sea bottom is very clean, pure and sandy.
- Closest airport – Dabolim – 16.7 kms.
- Closest railway station – Majorda – 2.4 kms.
- Margao City Center – 11.6 kms.
- Vasco da Gama — 16.1 kms. Fewer tourists than Colva, and the other popular South Goa beaches like Palolem. Nice and serene. A good place for a relaxing vacation. Popular with foreigners.
- Developed tourist infrastructure – hotels, resorts, villas, shops, cafes, and restaurants. The Majorda Beach Resort dominates the landscape here. The main village is a 10-15 minutes from the beach. There are about 4-5 shacks on the beach, serving Indian, Konkani, Russian, and continental food. Russian menu also available. Sun decks with umbrellas on the beach.
- Close to Vasco da Gama and Margao. Many churches, gardens, and other attractions to see nearby. You can also visit the other south Goa beaches from Majorda. There are plenty of water sports activities on the Majorda beach – surfing, skiing, speed and banana boat rides, parasailing.
How to Reach?
- By Air – The Dabolim airport is 16.7 kms from Majorda. The airport is connected by many Indian and international airlines like Air India, Indigo, Etihad, Air Arabia, Air Asia, Qatar Airways, and Jet Airways. You can take a flight from Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Pune, and some international cities. There is a pre-paid taxi booth at the airport and also the big rail stations.
- By Rail – Majorda railway station, 2.4 kms away, is the closest. There are two major railheads nearby. The Margao rail station is 11.2 kms away, while the one at Vasco da Gama is at a distance of 21.1 kms.
- By Road – Margao city center is 11.6 kms from Majorda, while Vasco da Gama is 16.1 kms away from the Majorda beach.
Following are the names of popular pubs and restaurants in Majorda:
- Martin’s Corner
- Praia De luz
- Poolside Bar
- Monsoon Bar
- Lobby Bar
- Sunken Bar
- Boat Quay Grill
- Blue Waves
- Tea Lounge And Bar
- Lourdes Bar And Restaurant
- Pentagon Restaurant & Garden Pub