Barisal Tourist Places to Visit in Barisal, Bangladesh, Asia

Barisal Tourist Places to Visit in Barisal, Bangladesh, Asia

Barisal is a metropolitan city as well as a port city sited on the northern shore of Bay of Bengal in Barisal District of Bangladesh. Barisal city occupies an area of 20 sq. km. and is located about 243 km away towards the south of the national capital city Dhaka. Barisal is situated between 22°48′0″ N latitude and 90°30′0″ E longitude placed at an altitude of 1 meter.

Barisal District is surrounded by Madaripur District to the north, Barguna District in the south, Bhola District to the east and Gopalganj Districts towards west. May is the hottest month and January is the coldest month in Barisal.

Barisal is one of the major rice production centres in Bangladesh, well known for the production of Balam rice and fish export. Barisal is home to Barisal University and numerous polytechnic educational institutions.


History of Barisal:

Before the Independence of India, Barisal was the part of India and after 1947, it moved to Pakistan. After Bangladesh carving out from Pakistan in the year 1971, Barisal was declared as a district in Bangladesh.


Culture of Barisal:

90% of Barisal population is filled with Muslims and remaining 10% of the population is shared by Hindus and Christians. Barisal houses 805 temples, 3,941 mosques, 5 tombs and 44 churches.


Travelling to Barisal:

Barisal is well connected to the rest of the country by road and air mode of transport. Many private organizations are providing bus services to nearby regions and main cities of the country and buses are accessible at Mukharjir Pool Bus Station.

Bagerhat Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Barisal located at a distance of 88 kms. Barisal has its own airport situated 14 km away from the city centre.


Places to see in Barisal:


Durgasagar is a large pond situated 12 kms away from Barisal City. The pond is spread over an area of 2,500 hectares, placed in Madhabpasa Village of Babuganj Sub District. This scenic beauty is surrounded by full of coconut trees and is visited by migratory birds during the winter season.


Bangabandhu Uddan:

Bangabandhu Uddan was earlier known as Bell’s Park, a prime attraction of Barisal positioned in the centre of the city and sited on the banks of Kirtonkhola River.


Kukata Beach:

Kuakata Beach also called as Sagar Kannya is one of the beautiful tourist destinations in whole Bangladesh located in Patuakhali District. It is a good view point to watch the beauty of sunrise and sunset. There are numerous resorts are placed to serve tourists near Kuakata Beach.


Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Bridge:

Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Bridge is situated on the southeast part of Barisal City attracts tourists from all over the district.


The list of other tourist places present near Barisal is as follows:

  • Sixty Dome Mosque
  • Barisal Divisional Stadium
  • Martyred Intellectuals Memorial
  • Hatia


Best time to visit Barisal:

During the months of winter season is the best time to visit Barisal, while the weather remains very pleasant.


Accomodation options in Barisal:

Hotel options in Barisal range from luxury accommodations to budget hotels to private lodges. Most of the tourist destinations are well surrounded by hotels and resorts. The best hotels in Barisal and Dhaka city are as follows:

  • Hotel Gulbag
  • Hotel Athena International
  • Hotel Ali International
  • Hotel Arena
  • Hotel Athena
  • Hotel Ababil
  • Paradise Hotel
  • Hotel Agrabad
  • Best Western La Vinci Hotel
  • Contemporary Heights Hotel
  • Ginger Agartala
  • Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort
  • Dhaka Continental Hotel
  • Lake Castle Limited
  • Pan Pacific Sonargaon

Leave a Reply

scroll to top