Best Tourist Places to Visit in Akaltara, Janjgir-Champa, Chhattisgarh, India
Akaltara is a town, part of Janjgir-Champa district in Chhattisgarh. Like many other towns in Chhattisgarh, Akaltara is also famous for spectacular lakes like Gopiya, Lakhkhi, Ram Sagar and Pooranha. Around 40 km west of Akaltara, Bilaspur city is a great blend of manmade and natural tourist spots, Bubble Island amusement park, Kanan Pendari Zoo and Rani Sati Temple.
How to reach Akaltara?
Raipur Airport is the closest airport to Akaltara, about 170 km. Akaltara is connected by train to Tatanagar and Bilaspur. Akaltara is also reachable by train to Raipur, Tatanagar and Bilaspur.
Tourist Attractions around Akaltara:
- Mungeli Maa Mahamaya Temple
- Shri Aiyyappa Mandir
- Smriti Vatika
- Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mahamaya Temple in Ratanpur
Accommodation options in and around Akaltara:
- Brindavan Hotel, Akaltara
- Hotel East Park, Bilaspur, about 45 km
- Hotel Intercity International, Bilaspur
- Hotel Shiva International, Bilaspur
- Hotel Aananda Imperial, Bilaspur
- Hotel Emerald, Bilaspur
- Courtyard Marriott, Bilaspur